Beaupre Community Primary School complies with the Public Sector Equality Duty Guidance for schools in England.
This guidance sets out the general equality duty that schools need to consider when making decisions that affect pupils or staff with different protected characteristics. This duty has three elements. In carrying out their functions public bodies are required to have ‘due regard’ when making decisions and developing policies, to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment, victimisation and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- Foster good relations across all protected characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
Having due regard to the need to advance equality of opportunity is defined further in the Equality Act 2010 as having due regard to the need to:
- Remove or minimise disadvantages.
- Take steps to meet different needs.
- Encourage participation when it is disproportionately low.
Full details of the guidance can be found at this link.
Please see our Equality Duty Statement and Equality Policy below for further information.